Saturday, March 22, 2008

Jewelry



Maybe I should have titled this post something like "My continuing education in website design". I found that I can set up a shopping cart system through my existing PayPal account, which is good. The bad part is that the manual I printed out is almost 200 pages. Right now it sure seems like 200 pages of gibberish, but I keep reminding myself that learning new things keeps you young. (Something that I suppose, at more than forty, I should keep in mind!)

Certainly making jewelry with the small Celtic Pony beads has been far more fun. Less common metals like antique brass (above) and copper (below) are popular right now, and they have an earthly look that I really like when it is paired with the ceramic glaze.



I've also been working on shrinking the new plaque. The original is around 5" high, and this piece here (one of the rubber mold inserts) is a little less than half of that. My goal is to eventually get it down to pendant size, which should be around 1.5" high.

No comments: