Monday, March 16, 2009

Success!!



Okay, so I admit this doesn't look like success. But I do believe the mold design does work and that I will be able to cast Vixen whole.

I did try to cast from the mold a little too early. Castings tend to stick when the mold is damp, which is what caused her legs and ear to break. There are some minor alterations to the mold that I will need to make, like adding a small inset piece to the mane around her withers, and I suspect she'll be a bit of a fidgety mold. Still, it's a level of fussiness that still falls short of what we be involved in a multi-part casting. I am going to give the mold a little more time to dry and try again, but I am more hopeful than before that this mold design will work.

2 comments:

~Jenn ODonnell Danza~ said...

CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see all the gorgeous clinky Vixens to come!!!

Unknown said...

finally! congrats! I hope it is ok once it drys. Hey I have a small piece im working on just to be cast in china, porcelain or earthenware.. anyways..in clinky! lol. I'll email you later when its done and see what you think...
Rebecca Turner
www.solticeartstudio.blogspot.com