Monday, March 16, 2009

Anticipation!



I am anxiously awaiting the delivery (any day now!) of my copy of the third edition of Equine Color Genetics. This edition is supposed to have more information on some of the "new" colors and patterns not discussed in previous editions. I know there is a section on the manchado pattern because Dr. Sponenberg contacted me some time last year about it. (I have a small book on the color that the author self-published in Argentina.)

I had heard that there would also be information about the black dilution found in Arabians (sometimes referred to as the Muhaira dilution), the "mushroom" color in British Shetlands and "calico" tobianos. Those are the buckskin and palomino tobianos that have patches that have reverted back to an undiluted red. Lots of neat stuff!

No comments: