Friday, July 25, 2008

Naughty, naughty...



I was supposed to be cleaning greenware today. But it was unseasonably cool for late July, and I couldn't resist spending most of the day at the barn. Research! Yeah, that's what it was. I was researching my favorite subject matter. (Well, I did get some good photos for my upcoming column on horse color.)

I couldn't resist sharing a picture of my own little mare, Sprinkles. I guess I could post some useful bit of color information so it looks like I have a reason to post her picture. But actually I just thought she was cute today.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

she is very s pretty and I love her color! she kinda looks like my mare body wise but mine is a chestnut snowflake.. ( she is 7 and just this year got her spots! I imagine she may eventually be almost white looking as she gets older.. but for now.. spots all over! ) and I have a gelding who has the bog white butt with spots and some flecking on his neck and in places here and there all over.. its funny ..I used to have morgans.. for 20 ears !!! I bred them and trained and rode and loved them.. and still do.. but...I dont know how this appy thing happened! But iM glad it did! I love my 2 appys! and they are so interesting to look at too..
Becky Turner
ww.solticeartstudio.blogspot.com

mel said...

She has a pretty head, doesn't she?

Emily said...

She's sure a beautiful little mare!

Lesli Kathman said...

Thank you all for the compliments. I've been around Walking Horses most of my life, so having a pretty horse (at least in the classical sense) is a rather new thing to me!

And yes, Mel, I think she has a pretty head. It's tiny, that's for sure! She wears a true pony (not cob) bridle. Her saddle, though, has to have an extra, extra-wide gullet insert. Ah, if only the standards of beauty for women were a petite head and a stout backside...

But mostly I'm biased because she has a personality I find very appealing. She loves people and loves attention. She's also a very clever horse, which I think makes her a lot of fun - even if, on some days, it makes me wish for the simpler mind of my old Walking Horse!