Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More Lirico work



Today was spent ticking the sabino Lirico. In this picture I've put down some warm gray (eventually it will be a darker charcoal color) and have started the hair texture on areas of his neck, flank and hip. I tend to move around a fair bit like this, working in one area and then switching to another, so the piece looks more consistent in the end. By the end of the day I had one side done. Tomorrow I'll tackle the other. After all his hair detail is fired on, I'll start deepening his coloring and softening the effect of the ticking.

I had hoped to fire the appaloosa Lirico in the kiln with him, but I bent my last airbrush needle. (Obviously inventory control here at the studio leaves something to be desired!) Hopefully replacements will arrive in the next day or so and I can get him caught back up with his buddy. For the moment he just looks like an odd pink-skinned white horse with a dirty mane and a dark tail.

No comments: