Friday, November 26, 2010

Etsy Store is stocked again!



To help with holiday shopping, I have more bookmarks in the Etsy store.

I have also added a few of the "Inspire" Artist Trading Cards (also known as ACEOs, for "Art Cards, Editions and Originals") in both glazed and bisque versions. My original plan for the trading card tiles was to offer them in bisque so that those interested in learning to glaze might have a sturdy, less-expensive canvas for practicing. I also hoped to use them for their traditional purpose, which is for trading between artists. I love the idea of being able to swap techniques in this way, because I have always found so much value in being able to really look at someone else's work up close.

That hasn't come to pass yet. I fear that I fell behind with all my projects after my surgery earlier this year, and I haven't yet managed to catch back up. Eventually there will be some realistically colored samples, though! In the meantime, pick up some of the bisques if you would like to try some glazing.



And here is a more traditional Trading Card, done on paper with ink, Copic markers and colored pencils. I was experimenting with the card in anticipation of a project for the upcoming Bring Out Your Chinas Convention. I'll post a little more about that soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh what a good idea leslie! I have always loved that inspire card! ( it inspired my peace medallion) Id love to have a unpainted one.. I still have some of my peace medallions available.. wanna trade for one? did you join our new trading yahoo group .. I think I remember ok'ing your membership...lol
my memory sucks..lol love your ink and pencil work too! nice! I have a few of the actual paper cards Iv done too..I need to scan or photograph them ... hmm. I bought a bunch of different kinds of aceo papers to make some and just haven't had much time.. my surgeries put me behind on everything too! lol anyways.. if ya wanna trade let me know also .. did you ever glaze a cat medallion for me?
Rebecca Turner