Sunday, November 1, 2009

From "gone to the dogs" to "sick as dogs"



Since my last post, my family was hit with the H1N1 virus. Needless to say, nothing much is getting done. I thought I might work on the horse color book, since it's something I can pick up and put down pretty easily. I hate being idle! At least, I hate being idle when I am well; now that I have the flu myself I am quite listless.

So the pretty little claybody from the previous post sits her unnamed and unphotographed. But I noticed that Sarah has put up some teasers on her blog from the article on painting conventions that I mentioned. This article dovetailed in with some of my own reflections on where I wanted to push my glazing, and it gave me new things to think about as I worked on the mare. I know I've plugged "The Boat" before, but truly there isn't another magazine out there like it. At almost 250 full-color pages, it's more like receiving an in-depth book on the nuts and bolts of creating realistic equine art. I cannot recommend it enough.

I'd like to do post more of my thoughts on painting conventions and the areas where I see glazing going (or at least, my glazing!), but I think I'll wait until I am not at such risk for fever-induced rambling!

2 comments:

Lynn A. Fraley said...

Feel better soon!

mel said...

Are you all better? And the boys?