Monday, May 18, 2009

Mayhem!



I have survived another trip to Idaho for Mayhem. I think I even managed not to bring home any extra pounds, which wasn't easy. Sarah's husband Chris makes a really, really good pina colada! (Though perhaps trying to use them to clean my brushes may have helped limit the calories!)

I did bring home a few shiny things, like the "Brownie" pictured above, and molds to make more shiny things. And, as usual, I came home with a head full of new ideas and inspiration in abundance.

Unfortunately what greeted me was a very, very sick husband. We took Alan to the emergency room the day after I arrived home, and he was diagnosed with pneumonia. The poor guy is now bedridden, so needless to say he is even more grateful than usual to have me home again! So I will be handling that, and getting things back in order in the studio, for the next few days. I do have a lot of things to share from the trip, but I'll probably spread them out over several posts.

In the meantime, I will share one of the "formal" pictures of the first glaze Imp, the grulla pintaloosa "Butterbean".



A friend also pointed out to me that I should include something to show his scale, since my hands - which are really small - could be misleading. The original Imp was small enough, and earthenware shrinks another 6%, so he is smaller still.

2 comments:

Marge Para said...

WOW, that's give me a headache!! So tiny!!

mel said...

How exciting! Butterbean is wonderful (including the name---although I know Sarah hates them... ). And your Brownie is very like mine finished by Joan---he likes to have taupe spots.

I am so sorry to hear about Alan---best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.