Thursday, December 13, 2007

Seeing things anew

Or... Is my website really that shade of eye-popping violet?

This is getting to be a rather unwelcome tradition, but I have once again had to replace my computer during the holidays. The technicians pronounced my (eight month old) laptop unworthy of repair and issued a credit. At least by now I am well-trained when it comes to backing things up. But after five laptops in six years, we decided that perhaps returning to a desktop model was a good idea. With one of those spiffy new LCD flat-screen monitors, it could even fit on the desk in the kitchen.

But boy do the colors on websites look different! What was a pleasant, rich purple on my laptop is rather garish and way too close to magenta for my taste. Hopefully it's just that way on this end, and I haven't been unwittingly assaulting my customers eyes for months.

1 comment:

Carol H. said...

I like your website and the colors, myself! I will say that I wish the violet color in the background was a little darker--it shows up as a very warm violet, leaning towards magenta like you said.