Monday, August 6, 2007

My Home's In Alabama

I've always identified with the sentiment in that song. Although we have been in Charlotte for twelve years now, I've never stopped thinking of the Tennessee Valley in Alabama as my real home.

And Alabama is where I'll be this week. Mostly I will be visiting with family, but I am hoping to squeeze in a small side trip up to middle Tennessee. I keep thinking that I need to do some farm visits and take photographs while there are so many Pusher descendants still alive. That was the stallion largely responsible for the return of the sabino roan color in Walking Horses. I haven't taken many reference pictures in recent years, but I have agreed to do a horse color column for the Realistic Equine Sculpture Society newsletter so I will need to get back in the habit!

If nothing else, I'll try to at least post some pictures of the area. (Though this fun site will give you some idea!)

No comments: